Monday, October 13, 2008

Dow Surges Like a Tsunami

What did I say Friday? I said lace up and get ready. The Dow Jones Industrials gained over 900 points today in the highest one-day point gain ever. The Dow also topped 9,000 after dipping below 8,000 the session before.

To be honest, the best time to jump into this debacle was last Friday afternoon because sizable gains were already locked up by today's opening bell. There is so much I don't know or understand about the stock market, but I understand some. I wasn't 100 percent sure if the markets would hold their early intra-day gains, but I had a hunch they would. The rally out of the bell didn't surprise me. I felt the markets had found a bottom. Besides, prices were just too cheap for investors to pass up. There were a ton of no-brainer buy situations. Friday was the perfect day to have liquid assets. I wish I'd of had about ten mil lying around. I'd of made a lot of money today.