Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Good Thing About Spring

A good thing about spring, aside from the usual good things like blooming plants and warmer weather, is that spring allows an opportunity to enjoy a good iced mocha.

I get most of mine at Starbucks. (What a surprise.) I like to consider iced mochas, grande, soy, no whip, my signature drink. But I don't order them all of the time. I also like to think of iced mochas as a seasonal drink most appropriate for spring and summer as opposed to fall and winter, particularly winter.

The winter months are much too cold for iced mochas. In the past, I used to order them anyway, but this year I burned out on them and decided to observe the drink's seasonal nature. It's kind of like avoiding white shoes before Labor Day, or is it Veterans' Day? I don't remember. That's an old antiquated rule worthy of a separate post. I do think I will address that.

Anyway, iced mochas rock. The most appropriate time to consume them is spring and summer. Although it's perfectly fine to fudge on that rule if it's January and you don't care to wait until March. Celebrate the arrival of spring with an iced mocha.