Tuesday, January 08, 2008

LSU is the National Champion - I believed LSU could win. I also believed the Tigers could lose. Neither outcome would have surprised me. What did surprise me was the way Ohio State jumped out to an early 10-point lead. Then the Buckeye's gave up way too many touchdowns in the 2nd quarter. Poor ole OSU!

I thought playing in the Big Ten this year hurt the Buckeyes. I think the SEC is the tougher conference, and I believe it showed last night. The Tigers looked battle-tested. Ambushed and caught off guard, Les Miles' team fought back like an experienced winner. The 10-point deficit didn't faze them. They responded with explosive football, running off 31 unanswered points against Ohio State. As we all know, the Buckeyes never recovered, losing 38-24.

Congratulations to the LSU Tigers for a very successful season. Congratulations to Ohio State for managing second. They deserve accolades for consecutive appearances in college football's ultimate game. The State of Ohio has a great college football program that it can be proud of.