Friday, December 14, 2007

Newsweek on Huckabee - The magazine's Dec. 17 cover shows this statement:

"Holy Huckabee!"

"The unlikely rise of a preacher Republican."

Here is my response to this cover: Unlikely rise? Hardly. As I stated in a February post on this blog, Huckabee is a good speaker. Let me go past that statement and tell people what they still do not seem to realize. Mike Huckabee is a very, very, very good politician. He is lethal to other candidates. He can campaign well. He can speak well, and he can make people like him. This guy is Rudolph Giuliani's worst nightmare. He is stronger than Fred Thompson. He is not as stiff as Mitt Romney. Huckabee has the goods to win the Republican nomination. I thought he had a chance in February, and I couldn't believe he languished at 2 percent when Giuliani soared with 20 and 30 percent. Those numbers failed to make sense to me. Today's numbers make a whole lot more sense to me. The nation will likely have to choose between Huckabee or Hillary Clinton for president. Both candidates have Arkansas ties. I expect Clinton to win as I have all along.