Friday, December 14, 2007

The Mitchell Investigation - It is shocking that Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte and David Justice are linked to steroids. Since I don't follow baseball closely, I had always attributed Clemens' stellar play well into his 40s to modern medicine, training and equipment. Despite my belief that Clemens and other baseball players are overpaid, I always believed they were great athletes. They still are great athletes, but a lot of their names are mud now. Reputations are destroyed. Hall of Fame inductions are jeopardized.

What a shame.

Baseball is every bit as tainted as cycling.

Clemens' denials sound so much like Floyd Landis' rhetoric that I really cannot believe him. How else to explain improved performance when his body should be on a serious decline? So much for modern medicine as an explanation. What is more disturbing is Jose Conseco's assertion that former Sen. George Mitchell's report is incomplete. Conseco said other star players, like Alex Rodrieguez, should have been included. I believe Conseco. If anyone knows about cheating, it is him, unfortunately. Poor ole Jose.