Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blagojevich Not Conceding

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/19/blagojevich.speaks/index.html

I'm going down in a blaze of glory ...

Remember when Jon Bon Jovi went solo? Remember the ending to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? Remember Bonnie and Clyde?

Well, America has Rod Blagojevich now.

Blagojevich may or may not have conspired to sell Barack Obama's senate seat, but he isn't backing down from the people claiming he did.

And he is defending himself so well.

In the CNN article linked above, Blagojevich said, "I will fight, I will fight, I will fight until I take my last breath. I have done nothing wrong. I'm not going to quit a job that people have hired me to do."

If that isn't a slap in the face of federal law enforcement then what is? And it is so great how Blagojevich said he was "dying" to show his innocence but that he would do it in the appropriate forum, meaning a courtroom. Blagojevich's response could be used as a case study in the art of defiance. He executed it perfectly.

Readers of this blog may disagree, but I think he made the most of his press conference.