Saturday, October 18, 2008

Even Warren Buffett Would Agree With Me

Only recently, October 10 to be exact, I stated on this blog that is was time to buy stocks. They're cheap, and they have lots of upside.

Well, well, well. The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett, just weighed in on stocks in a New York Times op-ed piece. Like myself, Buffett is bullish on stocks. He converted his personal portfolio to mostly U.S. stocks, switching from Treasury bonds.

He also believes the U.S. economy will continue faltering for a bit before turning around. I felt that myself. Things like our economy don't just turn on a dime. We have to wait for momentum to shift. While measures are in place to get things on track, they won't work overnight. The benefits will manifest later.

The Dow could fall below 8,000 again and I would still maintain my position that stocks are great investments right now. I'm glad Warren Buffett thinks stocks are great investments, too.