Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Brooks & Dunn Post - Here's a subject I haven't blogged about yet. Oh my god! Are these guys everywhere? You talk about overexposed; these dudes are overexposed. I live in Arkansas, so you know I can't escape them.

I can't even watch the SEC Game of the Week on CBS without these two hillbillies popping up. Geez, Louise!

Is it me or are all of their songs about drinking and partying? What I don't get, what I really don't get, is that they don't seem to have any DWIs to back up their image. There aren't any Brooks & Dunn mug shots on The Smoking Gun. Nicole Ritchie, Paris Hilton, Nick Nolte, they drink and party. It seems like Brooks & Dunn only sing about it. I'm not sure they actually do it. They're too tied up doing a show, or filming a commercial, or making a television appearance at the expense of those who've already seen enough of them.

These guys are a train wreck without even breaking the law! All they sing about is drinking and partying. Every time I channel surf through CMT I see a blip from a Brooks & Dunn video full of them and a bunch of hay shakers drinking and partying. They play guitars and the hay shakers drink and party.

They should rename themselves Drink & Party.

I can hear it now on the local country radio station I don't listen to: "Yesireebob that wuz Chely Wriiiight. And before that wuz Carrie Underwood. Coming up, the new single from Drink & Party. It's called 'Drink & Party in the Barn.' It's their awaited follow-up to their number one hit 'Drink & Party at the Lake.'"